Tuesday 24 November 2009

New favorite blog: Missed Connections

There was a point in time when I used to read the Missed Connections on Craigslist for both for fun and curiosity. I was always fascinated, wondering if said missing person actually felt that connection too, then found the ad, then actually responded, then met the writer and then fell in love (sounds like a movie script waiting to happen).

And of course I always wondered if maybe someone had noticed me and thought we may have had a connection and posted an ad! And I'll admit, I've even looked on it when I thought I had a connection possibly on the Q train, walking our dogs in the park, in the nut aisle in Trader Joes. I'd never have the nerve to actually leave one but it's fun to fantasize.

In a sea of strangers in New York City, it's always nice to have those little innocent, unspoken moments with someone and wonder... could they be the one?

Enjoy this blog that I discovered today. I just love the artful interpretations of the ads illustrated by the talented Sophie Blackall. This brings brings me pure joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails