Thursday 22 April 2010

Tatiana McCabe: superstar super 8 shooter!

I wanted to write a little feature on Hello Super 8 team member Ms. Tatiana McCabe and tell you how much we love her. Tatiana and I were instantly friends when we discovered our interest in working with real film (super 8, 16mm, lomography!). She and I have been working together for a little over a year now and we've got great teamwork. I'm super excited for more events and new endeavors together this year.

In the meantime, I wanted to share a piece of work that Tatiana just completed, as I find it truly beautiful. She had the opportunity to go Mali last January to document the journey of the New York band The Sway Machinery. It was their first trip to Mali and they were there to play at the Festival Au Desert in Timbuktu! While there, Tatiana made this fantastic video of the band, featuring this incredible woman, Khaira Arby, all shot on SUPER 8 FILM!

It's inspiring work (and music!). Please enjoy:

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails